During this month’s meeting, we welcomed four guests and two new members, Amy Cowart, marketing consultant at Mal-Ad, and Melissa Rhodes, CPA. A list of eligible members for the PWS Board was handed out and collected at the end of the meeting for 2019 Board nominations.
Mindy Fair, Regional VP for Arbonne, was the member spotlight and provided the monthly raffle.
Our scheduled programming topic was Taking Time to Take Care of Yourself, presented by America Minc and Mindy Fair. The presenters gave attendees health tips and tricks to be mindful of one’s wellbeing.
PWS News that was mentioned/discussed:
- Upcoming programs: Wed., Nov. 14, at Holiday Inn with Bev Graham presenting on Gender Communication followed with board elections; December will be a holiday member social.
- Valerie Thompson, treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s Report, reminding everyone that quarterly dues need to be paid. A reminder email was sent prior to this meeting to those members paying quarterly.
- Kate Channell, secretary, reminded everyone to check the membership directory that‘s now live on the website to ensure all info is correct.
- Members were reminded to submit their names for the Professional Development Lottery.
Upcoming Networking/Outreach Events:
- Scare on the Square – Saturday, October 27
- Midday Mingle (Statesboro Chamber Networking Event) at J.L. Williamson Law Group – Tuesday, October 30, from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Youth LBWF Leadership seeking sophomore and junior females in high school for the first class.
- First Friday- Ag Night Out, Friday, October 5
We want to highlight YOU! Do you have news to share about you or a fellow member with PWS? Email Mindy Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know!