The November meeting for Professional Women of Statesboro met on Wednesday, November 14, at the Holiday Inn.
During this month’s meeting, we welcomed five guests. The Professional Development Lottery is being amended to have the attendance requirement altered; the attendance requirement will not include attendance at the organization’s socials (one in summer and December), so that seven out of nine meetings must be attended for member eligibility in the lottery. Board elections were held, too. At this time, Valerie Thompson, treasurer, told attending members that the Treasurer position is a two-year term
Christa Mallard and Amy Cowart of Mal-Ad Promotions were the member spotlight and provided the monthly raffle.
Our scheduled programming topic was Gender Communication, presented by Beverly Graham, associate professor of Communication Arts at Georgia Southern.
PWS News that was mentioned/discussed:
- Upcoming program: December will be a holiday member social at Free Spirit Pottery on Tuesday, December 18 from 6-8 p.m.
- Valerie Thompson, treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s Report, reminding everyone that quarterly dues need to be paid and to sign up for the Professional Development Lottery
- Kate Channell, secretary, had nothing new to report.
Upcoming Networking/Outreach Events:
- Business After Hours @ Synovus – Thursday, Nov. 15 from 5-6:30 p.m.
- Shopping by Lantern Light Downtown – Tuesday, Nov. 20
- An Ogeechee Christmas Arts & Crafts Fair @ Ogeechee Tech – Saturday, Dec. 1
- First Friday Downtown Holiday Celebration – Friday, Dec. 7
- Business After Hours @ Queensborough Bank – Thursday, Dec. 20 from 5-6:30 p.m.
We want to highlight YOU! Do you have news to share about you or a fellow member with PWS? Email Mindy Fair at email@example.com, and let us know!