The August meeting of Professional Women of Statesboro met on Wednesday, August 16th at the Holiday Inn.
During this month’s meeting, we welcomed 12 guests and one new members.
Our speakers were members America Minc, Meagan Johnson, and Mandy Edwards. They shared a presentation, “How to Work with a Multi-Generational Workforce”. See the handout below for the information and then download the handout here.
Our August raffle was provided by our August member spotlight, Dr. Theresa Novotny of Georgia Southern University and the Statesboro Farmer’s Market.
PWS News that was mentioned/discussed:
- Membership Bylaws and formation of a Membership Committee
- Upcoming programs & member spotlights:
- September – Dealing with Difficult People with Dr. Todd Deal
- October – Self-Defense (also Board Nominations)
- November – Branding Yourself Panel
- December – Holiday Social
Upcoming Networking/Outreach Events:
- Business After Hours, August 17th at the Bishop Alumni Center
- Leadership Bulloch Alumni Breakfast, Friday, August 25th, 7:30am – OTC Natural Resources Building
- Backpack Buddies Drive – September Meeting
- Congratulations Molly Bickerton, Leslie Cushner, Mandy Edwards, and Meagan Johnson for graduating from the LBWF Leadership Academy in May.
- Sharri Edenfield Lindsey and Jennifer Mock were named to serve on State Bar of Georgia committees.
- Krisha Craven-Phillips and Delores Groomes will be competing as “celebrities” in October’s Dancing with the Statesboro Stars to raise money for Safe Haven.
- Valerie Thompson and Krisha Craven-Phillips were selected to the 3rd co-hort of the LBWF Leadership Academy.
Below are pictures from the August meeting –
To join our next meeting, please contact us here!
Do you have news to share with PWS? Email Mandy Edwards at [email protected]ervices.com and let us know!